You never know what makes a post go viral and take over the internet; the top ten posts listed here range all over the map but when it comes right down to it, the message in the title seems to make the most difference.
10: Yoink! Sea lion steals fish right out of posing fisherman's hands
9: This short-film on Amsterdam will BLOW YOUR MIND
8. Giant solar plane could stay airborne for 5 years, replace some satellites
7. Extinct tree grows anew from ancient jar of seeds unearthed by archaeologists
So they dig up some 2,000 year old seeds in Herod's palace, leave them sitting around a lab for another 40, then someone decides to plant them and they actually grow.
6. Nature Blows My Mind! Octopus Houdini escapes boat via tiny hole
Because octopuses are awesome and very smart, too. Mike gets spiritual and quotes the Koran, " this is more like fitting a camel through the eye of a needle."
5. Dogs are going extinct: 8 most endangered canid species
Editor Jaymi loves her dogs and has an eye for a good photograph, so it is no wonder this was such a successful slideshow. Great pix.
4. Watch a City-Sized Glacier Collapse (Video)
3. Florida's manatees loved to death in this timelapse video
Poor things. Jaymi writes: "Manatee are those teddy bears of the sea. Rotund, gentle sea-cows that everyone loves to be around -- an unfortunate thing, for the manatees."
2. Build a $300 underground greenhouse for year-round gardening (Video)
It's a walipini, or place of warmth; a few of our regular readers have built them and swear by them. Cheap and effective and who knew, that so many of our readers were interested in building one?
1. 20 Awesome Projects for Raspberry Pi Microcomputers
We know that our readers love DIY projects, and the Raspberry Pi is an amazing thing, a little $35 computer designed to teach kids that has been an unbelievable success. Megan rounds up twenty awesome things that you can do with it.