10. The whole city of Florence can fit in one Atlanta cloverleaf
I have thought that Jim Kunstler was being his usual over-the-top self when he called the American suburban experiment "the greatest misallocation of resources in the history of the world." But when you compare that photo of Atlanta to Florence, you can see that he was right.
More: The whole city of Florence can fit in one Atlanta cloverleaf
9. The real triumph of the city will be seen in Buffalo
8. Why am I building such a weird bathroom?
7. Star of Tesla-smearing Top Gear is now buying a BMW i3
In a funny twist, one of the stars of an extremely popular car show (Top Gear) whose script smeared Tesla is now going electric. James May is getting a BMW i3.
More: Star of Tesla-smearing Top Gear is now buying a BMW i3
6. Crowdfunded Tesla tower project seeks to recreate inventor's wireless energy transmission system
By many accounts, the iconic inventor Nikola Tesla was years ahead of his time. His ideas for a worldwide wireless communications system, and a wireless energy transmission technology, never got the traction they perhaps may have deserved during his lifetime, and but now, over a century later, two scientists are retracing his steps and plan to build a prototype of his Wardenclyffe tower using modern materials and advanced electronics.
5.11 ways to use nutritional yeast (and why you should)
First of all, what is nutritional yeast? "Nutritional yeast is a deactivated yeast, often a strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which is sold commercially as a food product," Wikipedia writes. That's pretty clear, right? You can often find nutritional yeast in the bulk bin of your local health food store.
More: 11 ways to use nutritional yeast (and why you should)
4. Man converts Boeing 727 airplane into home in the woods (Video)
Old airplane parts turned into sleek new furniture is nothing new, but what about turning an entire airplane into a home in the woods?
3. Silo City is both the past and future of Buffalo
2. 21 ways to repurpose an old yoga mat
If your dreams of becoming a yoga master didn’t quite work out as planned, chances are you have an old mat or two kicking around the house. Give it a good scrub – you want to be sure to get rid of that old sweat smell – and try repurposing it in any of the following ways.
More: 21 ways to repurpose an old yoga mat
1. Tesla to open source ALL of its patents, won't sue anyone for using its technology
At a time when most high-tech companies are hoarding patents and suing each other, creating a complex web of cold war-style mutually-assured destruction, Tesla is going against the crowd (once again) and open sourcing all of its patents, making its inventions available for anyone who wants to use them.