It was our tenth birthday yesterday, but we were a lot more excited about it than our readers! But numbers don't lie, you would rather read about organic undies than watch a video of Graham Hill or read my look back at ten years of TreeHugger. Such is life.
10. These organic wardrobe basics are now Fair Trade too
9. Make a GPS-embedded bike lock to keep tabs on your bikeI would have thought one would want the GPS in your bike rather than your lock, but it is still cool. More: Make a GPS-embedded bike lock to keep tabs on your bike
8. Coffee lovers, do you know the difference between direct trade and fair trade?Yet another veiled attack on the Fair Trade certification that tries to go around the cooperative movements. It's not bad, but when you have big buyers dealing with individual farmers, guess what can happen. More: Coffee lovers, do you know the difference between direct trade and fair trade?
7. Single experimental tree produces 40 different kinds of fruit (Video)
6. 2 recipes for DIY dry shampoo
5. Is this the best super-commuter bike ever?A whole peloton of very cool bikes, including one that is 3D printed out of Titanium. More: Is this the best super-commuter bike ever?
4. What ever happened to: "Small fridges make good cities"I have been pushing on this rope for a lot of years, and clearly the message isn't getting through. More: What ever happened to: "Small fridges make good cities"
3. Whatever happened to: bamboo clothing?
2. Why this mountain bike center is built of Brettstapel, and why North American builders should be using this stuff
The smart building has been the big thing of the last few years, but this building is made with really dumb tech, just drilling holes in lumber and sticking in dowels to hold it together.