And the Awards for the top posts of February go to....
Get into your Slanket or Napsack, grab your organic popcorn as we count down the top ten posts of February.
10. Best special effects: What happens when a Tesla electric car gets rear ended?© @HighTechJoe
Alas, it does not go all Pinto and explode into a spectacular mass of flames. In fact it is a bit of a dud, which is in fact what is so special.
9: Best documentary about food:Orange juice? That's like drinking soda for breakfast!Stephane/CC BY 2.0
This shocking exposé tells all about the sordid and devious marketing of that daily staple of so many lives, orange juice. You think it is going to be a sweet story but there is a sour backstory that you will just drink up.
8. Best Foreign Entry, Best Science Fiction: BMW showcases 94-MPG BMW i8 plug-in hybrid and i3 EV in Sochi olympics ads (video)Youtube/Screen capture
That other late Steve McQueen would have loved racing this over the hills of San Francisco. Who needs to fall in love with their phone like in Her, when you can fall in love with a really smart car.
7. Best educational feature: Why I'm hooked on grocery shopping with glass jars© Zero Waste Home (used with permission)
A bit hippie-dippy for many people's tastes, but a great lesson in how to live with less waste, while challenging the system.
6. Best dramatic feature: If you can go 10 minutes without touching your phone, Giorgio Armani will fund a day of water for a child in needUNICEF/Screen capture
Joaquin Phoenix can't do it, most of us are so in love with our phones that it would be hard, in this touching story of charity and obsession.
5. Best Trailer: How a talented architect makes an RV look like a charming cabin in the woods© Escape/ Canoe Bay
It's a trailer, but it looks like a cabin in the woods. It's the My Fair Lady of the tiny home movement, as the Henry Higgins of design teaches the humble working class RV to be an elegant and sophisticated retreat.
4. Best horror story: Japan's rabbit island might be the cutest place on EarthVitaly Petrukhin/Video screen capture
Imagine the horror in this remake of the Night of the Lepus, An entire island inhabited by rabbits, waiting, looking cute as can be, for the happy looking tourist, who has no idea what is in store. Parental guidance advised.
3. Best Documentary: 5 foods you shouldn't eat if you care about the environmentpuroticorico/CC BY 2.0
Another shocking exposé from Katherine, the new producer who has exploded onto the TreeHugger scene, capturing 4 of the top ten awards for February. You'll never look at food the same way again.
2. Best short feature, best reality show: How to pack a whole lot of living into 221 square feet© Tiny House build
Learn what happens when two people try to live in such a small space; watch in horror as they climb stairs without handrails.
1. Best feature: Don’t stop knitting! It keeps you healthy.Jenia M/CC BY 2.0
It's got it all: Passion. Life lessons. Happiness. Dangerous pointy objects. No wonder everyone loved it.