Photo credit Graham Hill.
Green renovation is no easy road. TreeHugger founder Graham Hill is downsizing from 750 square feet to closer to 420 - working on a tiny, ultra-green yet extremely functional, sometimes luxurious and financially smart, renovated apartment in New York city that is to serve as a replicable model for others. And he needs help! Read on.
He is trying to build an informal, unpaid board of advisors to help the project be successful (and ensure its replicability) and would love any recommendations for the people below or ways to find them. Please email graham at treehugger dot com.
* CO-OP BOARD PRESIDENT (of typical NYC building ideally)
* NYC BUILDING CODE EXPERT
* NYC RESIDENTIAL RENOVATION CONTRACTOR (typical jobs...studios, 1BR, 2BR)
* CITY GOVERNMENT (someone associated with Planyc)
* REALTOR. With significant experience selling studios, 1BR and ideally green apartments.
* CO-OP EXPERT. coop attorney, coop managing agent, understands landscape of coops
* BUILDING ENGINEER (for nyc residential studios, 1BR, 2BR)