Solar-Assisted Rickshaw Easier on Drivers

solar assisted rickshaw proposed for london photo

We have seen eco-cabs, electric motor-assisted rickshaws in Toronto; Now London's Solarlab, the team that brought us the Solar boat that Bonnie sailed on the Serpentine, adds solar. "The solar generatior will create 80% of the total power needed to drive the vehicle, while the remaining 20% will be provided by the drivers' pedal-power. The physical exertion needed will be dramatically less than that of even a standard bicycle, much less than a traditional rickshaw, allowing any driver, not just athletes, to drive the vehicle."

sketch of solar assisted rickshaw photo

The sketch shows that it has a battery, but what kind of hybrid engine is that? ::SolarLab via ::Dezeen

More on Solar Power Rickshaw

Solar Power Replaces Human Toil in New Rickshaws

Related Content on