Because who doesn't wish to vacation in a solar-powered treehouse overlooking a lake, a volcano island, and sunsets in the Philippines? Plus this:
- Meals prepared by village chef.
- Natural pool only meters away.
- Fireflies and small birds are occasional visitors inside.
- Quirky sink with running water.
- Outdoor shower hidden in plants under the treehouse.
- Occasional celebrations in the neighborhood when residents channel torch singers on karaoke.
- A rich biodiversity on the property – birds, bats, frogs, fireflies, dragonflies, lizards, lots of plants and trees.
No wonder the place is feverishly wish-listed and a popular place for marriage proposals.
Treehouse by Taal Lake: Accommodates 2, $29 per night.
Next: A beach house in French Polynesia >>