Tonic Top Stories: Matt Damon's Promise, Brad Pitt's Report, River Respect
Image via Steve Enders
This week, Tonic was bringing our readers up-to-the-minute reports from the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI). While we were busy devoting our attention to Bill himself, our writers were digging up green stories outside of the Metropolitan Ballroom. Check out these highlights from CGI and beyond.
- Matt Damon stood his own next to Bill Clinton at this week's Clinton Global Initiative. Katherine Gustafson explains his new commitment, through his nonprofit Water.org, to provide clean water to 50,000 people in Haiti.
- Relive the hands-down most high energy, fun-filed session: not surprisingly, Brad Pitt's report on Make It Right and his organization's work in New Orleans.
- Is buying carbon offsets our best solution? Give it some thought in Lisa Jo Rudy's "Carbon Credits for the Climate Conference."
- See how Amphibious Architecture is "Bringing the Urban River to Life;" then follow up with "Drawing Light From the Urban River" and see how New York is looking to respect its rivers - and draw clean energy in the process.
- In the enviro-credit where credit is due department, David Bois hits us once again with a really cool post about rooftop gardens in big cities in "Study Gives Green Light to Green Roof." They're not just smarter, they're purty to boot.