The jalapeño-raspberry jam from Ann's Raspberry Farm, located in Fredericktown, Ohio, is as tasty as it is inspiring. Soon after my first sampling, I was moved to make this Raspberry and Serrano Sangría and the ideas haven't stopped there. The jam is that good! It's also good with a capital "G," it was this year's Good Food Award winner for the farm's commitment to naturally grown produce. Enjoy these fries with a buttery Chardonnay and please make enough to share.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
5 sweet potatoes
Jalapeño-Raspberry Dipping Sauce
1 jar Ann's Jalapeño-Raspberry Jam
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
1/8 teaspoon salt
2. Cut sweet potatoes into long, 1/4 inch strips.
3. Place the strips on a prepared baking sheet (that is, cover it with parchment paper) and drizzle a little olive oil over them. Toss them around to lightly coat.
4. Spread the sweet potatoes into a single layer and bake until they are golden brown, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes.
5. In a small sauce pot, add the jam, sugar, vinegar, molasses and salt. Bring to a low simmer, just to mix, and remove from the stove.
6. Transfer the dipping sauce to a small dipping bowl and chill.
Visit the Green Wine Guide for more vegetarian recipes and wine pairings.
Fan us on Facebook for daily recipes.
Similar Recipes from our Green Wine Guide
Raspberry and Serrano Sangría
Strawberry and Serrano Pepper Salsa
Grilled Avocado Guacamole
Top Recipes from our Green Wine Guide
Indian-Spiced Tomato Soup
Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Sandwiches
Bruschetta with Mint and Goat Cheese