Swiss Cheese with Walnuts and Mustard3 tbsp Dijon style mustard
3 tbsp sour cream
¼ tsp dried tarragon
½ cup thinly sliced scallions
2 ½ cups grated Swiss Cheese (about ½ pound)
½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted lightly and cooled
Crackers as accompaniment
In a bowl whisk together the mustard, sour cream, tarragon, scallion and pepper to taste. Add the Swiss Cheese and the walnuts and combine the mixture well. Serve with crackers. Makes about 2 ½ cups.
From Gourmet Magazine, March 1993
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 raw egg
- 4 ½ tsp liquid honey
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable oil (not olive)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ inch fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 ½ tsp Szechuan chili sauce
1. Toast sesame seeds in small skillet until they are golden brown.
2. Combine sesame seeds, soy sauce, egg, and honey in a food processor or blender and process while slowly adding vegetable oil in a steady stream.
3. Add sesame oil, ginger, and Szechuan chili sauce. Mix well.
Serve with crudités and crackers. Makes approximately 2 cups.
From Cynthia Wine’s Hot and Spicy Cooking