Sometimes, the best recipes are the ones that do not require a recipe at all. This is one of my favorite dishes for that very reason. I made this when apricots were still in season but you could easily use a pear or even a persimmon. And while some would argue that grilling season has come and gone, unless it's snowing...I'm grillin'. And probably even then. Enjoy this dish with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
5 ripe apricots
1. Slice the apricots around the "seam" and pull them apart.
2. Remove the pits.
3. Place the apricots on the grill pit-side down and grill for about 5 minutes. You just want them to char.
4. Cut the brie into generous slices.
5. On salad plates, place some of the grilled apricots along with the brie and a handful of the salad greens.
6. Drizzle with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Visit the Green Wine Guide for more vegetarian recipes and wine pairings.
Fan us on Facebook for daily recipes.
Similar Recipes from our Green Wine Guide
Vegan Faro Salad with Plum and Olive Oil
Vegan Potato Salad With Sesame & Chilies
Winter Salad with Roasted Root Vegetables
Top Recipes from our Green Wine Guide
Indian-Spiced Tomato Soup
Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Sandwiches
Bruschetta with Mint and Goat Cheese