Growing up, the cucumber was a culinary staple. It was prominent in many of the Armenian dishes my mother made and, well, it has now become a staple at my house. This is my go-to cucumber recipe; it's simple, quick and tasty. Enjoy this salad with a glass of Pinot Grigio.
1 large carton pearl tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
3-5 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
1. Peel each cucumber such that it is striped, like shown. Then sliced the peeled cucumber into thick-cut rings.I've heard that some peel a cucumber away from the end which was once attached to the vine in order to keep it from tasting bitter. Do you do this?
2. Quarter the pearl tomatoes. If using cherry tomatoes, just leave them whole.
3. Add half of the chopped mint leaves.
4. Add enough extra virgin olive oil to the salad just to lightly coat all ingredients.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add remaining mint leaves to taste. Enjoy!
Visit the Green Wine Guide for more vegetarian recipes and wine pairings.
Fan us on Facebook for daily recipes.
Similar Recipes from our Green Wine Guide
Grilled Apricot and Brie Salad
Vegan Faro Salad with Plum and Olive Oil
Winter Salad with Roasted Root Vegetables and a Balsamic
Top Recipes from our Green Wine Guide
Raspberry and Serrano Sangría
Strawberry and Serrano Pepper Salsa
Grilled Avocado Guacamole
Browse all of our tomato content for mouth-watering tomato recipes, savvy tomato growing tips, and up-to-the minute tomato breakthroughs.