When I'm looking for an excuse to open up a bottle of wine, this is my go-to recipe. It's quick, simple and very, very yummy. Besides, I need something to pair with my wine, right? Enjoy this appetizer with a Chardonnay or a Champagne.
1 small baguette
1 pears, thinly sliced
1 8 oz. brie wheel
1 cup of honey
1. Slice the brie into medium-thick slices.
2. In a small saucepan, warm the honey over a low heat. While it warms, slice the baguette into 1/4 inch slices and place them on a prepared baking sheet.
3. After the honey has been properly warmed, baste each baguette slice with it. Do not soak them, you just want them coated.
4. Cut the slices of brie so that they just fit onto the baguette slices and place them on top.
5. Bake the crostini for about 15 minutes at 325 degrees. You want the bread to crisp ever so lightly and for the brie to just melt.
6. Remove from the oven, top with the pear slices and serve. I decided to grill my pear slices a bit, just to mix things up.
Visit the Green Wine Guide for more vegetarian recipes and wine pairings.
Fan us on Facebook for daily recipes.
Similar Recipes from our Green Wine Guide
Vegan Faro Salad with Plum and Olive Oil
Vegan Potato Salad With Sesame & Chilies
Winter Salad with Roasted Root Vegetables
Top Recipes from our Green Wine Guide
Indian-Spiced Tomato Soup
Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Sandwiches
Bruschetta with Mint and Goat Cheese