With cold and flu season rapidly approaching now’s a good time to stockpile a number of delicious soup recipes to help serve a bowl of love. The effect of mom’s chicken soup on cold symptoms seems to be backed by science, but there are options for vegans and vegetarians too.
Our friends at TakePart have complied a list of 8 Sustainable, Feel-Better Soups you can give a try. Many of the ingredients can be purchased from your local markets, or you can use produce you have grown in your garden.1. Winter Squash Soup.
2. Spicy Turkey and Chipotle Pepper Soup.
3. Classic Chicken Soup.
4. Butternut-Leek Bisque in Acorn Squash Bowls.
5. Asparagus Soup with Tarragon and Chèvre.
6. Carrot Yam Ginger Soup.
7. Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup.
8. Udon Noodles with Edamame, Peppers, and Mushrooms in a Ginger Garlic Broth.
What’s your go-to soup for when you come down with the cold or flu?