This recipe was created exclusively for TreeHugger by Sabrina Modelle of The Tomato Tart. Enjoy it with a glass of 2006 Tablas Creek Esprit de Beaucastle Blanc. I've been ready for my first caprese of the season, and this wine, with it's hints of honey, mint, and spring flowers provides the perfect flavor profile for a twist on the Italian classic.
While the weather here in San Francisco has been anything but predictable, we have had a few nights that are perfect for dining out on our little patio. It's these nights, when I want to just run home, crack a bottle of wine, slice some bread, and enjoy a no-cook dish with my love. This salad was such a success, it was a repeat for lunch just a couple later. You can also try adding mint to the mix if you're feeling adventurous.
- 2 ripe summer peaches
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- White pepper to taste
- A sprinkling of red sea salt
1. Slice each peach into 6 wedges.
2. Slice the mozzarella into 8 slices.
3. Layer, alternating between fruit and cheese- starting and ending with fruit.
4. Carefully place basil leaves beneath the salad.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and white pepper
Visit the Green Wine Guide for more vegetarian recipes and wine pairings.
Fan us on Facebook for daily recipes.