If you've been fortunate enough to sample a ripe strawberry plucked straight from the vine, you know just how intoxicating this simple fruit can be. They are so sweet and the berry is just tart enough that you could eat a whole bucket's worth (or at least I could). I used basil in this recipe because the herb is perfect for amplifying a fruit's natural flavors, like the tomato for example. Enjoy this bruschetta with an off-dry or mineral white wine.
- 1 large carton of ripe, organic strawberries
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 small carton of whipped cream cheese
- French bread, sliced
2. Grill the French bread slices just enough to make them crispy (about 3 minutes on each side). Optionally, you could coat the bread with a nice layer of honey before grilling.
3. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream cheese on each slice. Use a clover honey if you want to make it vegan.
4. Tear the basil leaves into large chunks, or chop them.
5. Top the bread slices with the fresh basil leaves and the chilled strawberries.
Visit the Green Wine Guide for more vegetarian recipes and wine pairings.
Fan us on Facebook for daily recipes.
Similar Recipes from our Green Wine Guide
Grilled Pear Bruschetta
Bruschetta with Mint and Goat Cheese
Baked Apple Stuffed with Candied Ginger and Almonds
Top Recipes from our Green Wine Guide
Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Sandwiches
8 Tomato Recipes for a Tasty Summer
Fajitas with the Best Damn Guacamole Ever