Yup, another avocado recipe. I cannot help myself. Last avocado season I sorta missed the boat on going crazy with my favorite fruit so this time I am over-compensating. Oh, and I am loving it.
I have seen this recipe in one form or another around the web but I really wanted to make it vegan. It just seems like the kinda thing that should be, since you don't bake it. Not that you cannot bake vegan food. I know, it makes no sense. But it doesn't have to. This dessert can be ready fairly quickly so enjoy it before avocados are gone!
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup of sugar, extra for the brûlée
1. Puree the avocados in a food processor.
2. Warm the coconut milk, halved vanilla bean and sugar just enough so that the coconut milk comes to a boil and the vanilla becomes aromatic. God I love the smell of vanilla bean!
3. Cool the coconut milk mixture and mix it with the avocado puree.
4. Divide it amongst the two ramekins. You can get more servings out of this if you use the shallow ramekins and after eating this, I think those would work better for this recipe.
5. Chill it in the refrigerator for an hour or more. This is just to solidify the mixture. Don't freeze it.
6. Cover the creme with enough sugar to coat. You want a thin layer, don't make it too thick or you won't melt the sugar on the bottom.
7. Brûlée the sugar and enjoy!