Just because tomatoes are no longer in season, that doesn't mean we have to give up on fresh salsa, right? No, it doesn't! This kiwifruit salsa is tangy, spicy and so yummy! Come summer, you just might be longing for fresh kiwis again. Try it with a Viogner or any off-dry white with floral undertones.
- 8 ripe but firm kiwis
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Peel the eight kiwis and trim the ends.
2. Finely dice the kiwifruit. Now, this is why you want the fruit to be firm but ripe. Firm kiwifruit will dice like a cucumber. But dicing overly ripen kiwis is like trying to dice pudding--not fun!
3. Add all of the ingredients to a small mixing bowl and gently stir together.
Visit the Green Wine Guide for more vegetarian recipes and wine pairings.
Fan us on Facebook for daily recipes.