Get ready for Halloween with this simple fondue recipe. I mean, what is not to love, it is fondue! And you can even say it is "healthy" fondue as it has less cheese than a regular fondue--okay, you really cannot say that. But it was a good try.
Extra points if you make it while in costume. Happy Halloween!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons half and half
1. Whisk together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cardamom and nutmeg. Now, this is quite a bit of brown sugar in my opinion but the goat cheese will cut down on the sweetness of it. You can use less but I don't think the dish will be as balanced but please experiment with it and see what you like. If anything, it's just another reason to keep making this dish over and over again, right?
2. Heat the half and half over a low heat and add in the goat cheese.
3. Whisk the half and half with the goat cheese, until creamy, adding more liquid if needed.
4. Pour the goat cheese mixture into a ramekin and swirl in the pumpkin.