Outdoor equipment and clothing manufacturer, The North Face, whose eco endeavours we previously tabled, are at it again. This time they've joined forces with Polartec, maker of the warm fleece fabrics, some of which have recycled content, and a social marketing company, Brickfish. Their combined initiative is the 'Eco Champion' program, with some significant prizes.This online effort invites folk to submit videos or blogs, "showcasing people who deserve special recognition for their efforts to improve the environment." From a selected group of finalists will emerge a winner, who'll garner a $15,000 USD donation to the green cause of their choice. They'll also score a personal $1,000 North Face online store gift voucher. Entries close 25 March 2009 so get nominating.
More Greener Outdoor Companies on TreeHugger
• Marmot Upcycle: Once More with Feeling
• Mountainsmith Set to Expand Their Recycled Series
• Pacific Outdoor Equipment - Sleeping With a Clearer Conscience
• Mountain Hardwear Nuts Out Some Green Moves
• TreeHugger's How to Green Your Outdoor Sports.