Though TreeHugger remains steadfast in our goal of presenting the world with solutions for a modern, green future, we can't take ourselves seriously all of time. We like to lighten things up every now and then, to insure that talking about global warming, habitat loss and other enviro-bummers haven't dulled our sense of humor. Here are some of our picks for the lighter side of TreeHugger.
1) Who knew? Solving global warming is as easy as eliminating daylight savings time.
2) Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) from cellphones, routers and microwave ovens worry some people, but it turns out that EMF from power lines are responsible for the "electrobonsai effect," causing trees to grow in a distinct "Y" pattern. As long as you stay eight feet away, you might be okay.
3) Forget metal or carbon fiber; maple leaves hold the key to the next green auto body material.
4) Lee Raymond, former CEO of Exxon-Mobil, was hand-picked to lead an influential study to develop policy solutions to America’s energy crisis. Oh, wait, that one's real...
5) The Venom bike concept by Specialized looked too good to be true, and it was. Even TreeHugger isn't immune to a well-executed prank every now and then.