TreeHugger has chatted up a lot of folks about being green, going greener and caring for the planet without disregarding the way we look, what we eat and where we live. From business to design and architecture to food and fashion, here are a few of our interviews with people making a difference in the green world.
1) Joel Makower is well known for his insights into green business and has become an integral voice in the movement for a green economy.
2) David Arkin of Arkin Tilt Architects, an award-winning firm focused on ecological planning & design, not only designs beautiful, sustainable buildings, but practices what he preaches, both at home and at the office.
3) Michael Chiarello, best known for his "Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello" show on the Food Network, is also a big advocate for local food and organic agriculture.
4) Summer Rayne Oakes is equally capable as a runway model and expert in the environmental impact of the fashion industry.
5) Craig Sams founded Green & Blacks Organic Chocolate to produce healthier, more ethical chocolate, a credo that he applies to his life as a very passionate advocate for organic agriculture.