Sometimes, to accomplish a big objective (like, say, saving the planet) it takes a lot of small individual efforts. We like to believe that we can all make a difference every day; here are some easy ways that you can make a difference by the end of the day today.
1) Sign up to be a part of the virtual march at StopGlobalWarming.org.
2) Eliminate phantom loads by unplugging your cellphone charger and using power strips with an on/off switch.
3) Use less water by using whatever comes out of the tap (and not a drop more), and run your dishwasher on the "light" cycle.
4) Replace a burned out incandescent bulb with a compact fluorescent and sign up to help ban the bulb.
5) Drive the speed limit if you climb behind the wheel.