There are so many damn plastic bags that companies and entire cities have started banning them, but that doesn't solve the problem of what to do with all of the bags left behind. While recycling plastic bags into other bags may seem silly, it's a great way to get rid of lots of the ubiquitous, ugly bags and get more functional, aesthetically-pleasing bags good for more than just one use. Here are some of our favorites.
1) New Delhi-based Conserve's profits go to fund a local nonprofit.
2) Hip & Zen's version is designed for toting laptops.
3) Tote Le Monde's recycled plastic bags aim to be the perfect environmentally-friendly, durable, functional yet fashionable carryall.
4) The Anarkali bags almost look like they're made of stained glass, though they're really made of a sandwich of heat-laminated reclaimed bags.
5) Sound interesting? Rebagit by Piotr Stolarski re-forms old shopping bags into a new versitile sheet which can then be used to make sturdy shopping and messenger bags.