Though designated as "Washington's Birthday" in section 6103(a) of title 5 of the United States Code, today is known by most in the US as President's Day, a day which many celebrate by not going to work (hmm). In honor of the day, and since we're in the process of figuring out who the "greenest" President was, we'll take a look at some presidential offerings from TreeHugger's past.
1) Despite a pretty long list of un-TreeHugger moves, President Bush has supported biofuels and alternative energy on a few occasions.
2) Former President Bill Clinton has been working hard on the Clinton Global Initiative in that past few years.
3) China's President Hu Jintao is wary of climate change and calling for energy conservation across the board.
4) Al Gore didn't quite make it to the big desk in the White House, but he's done okay for himself since, with his movie, DVD, Quill Award, Nobel Peace Prize Nomination and upcoming rock concert.
5) Think you can do better than our elected leaders at solving global warming? Take the helm as "President" of Europe in the BBC's climate-change simulator.