Congratulations to the College of the Atlantic on their recent decision to go climate-neutral; we hope it be the first of many institutions of higher learning taking the pledge, though there are lots of good green things going on around other college campuses already. Here are some of our picks of college eco-action.
1) New York University just made the largest purchase of wind power by any U.S. college or university last week.
2) The University of Calgary's U-bike program allows students to ride around campus on shared bikes for free.
3) Both the University of Florida and Washington State University offer degrees in organic agriculture.
4) Farming not your thing? Have a look at our suggestions for where to study eco-design at the university level.
5) The University of British Columbia will be home to the Centre for Interactive Research for Sustainability; the "greenest building in North America" will be ready for occupancy in early 2008.