Top 5 - TreeHugger Shoes
From hemp to recycled rubber, we’ve posted a bunch of footwear over the past few months and hope that designers continue to think eco-friendly. We've posted some that yes, might be a little bizarre like the Height-Adjustables and Andre Tan’s Grass Shoes but they are eco and innovative. However, we'll stick with practical so let's revisit the coolest...
1. Intrigue Shoe by Earth – The soft contoured foot-bed molds to the shape of your foot and makes it feel like you’re walking barefoot in the sand. Uh, how much more comfortable can you get?
2. Lazy Boy Flip Flops by Splaff – These flops have been tested on surfers up and down the west coast for years and we’ve finally discovered them. Durable, comfortable and, you guessed it, made from recyclables.
3. Jade Pachira Boot – There isn’t another shoe on our site that’s made from more recycled materials than this one, right down to the shoebox that’s printed with soy based inks.
4. Stella’s Vegan Boots – Because we love when celebs promote eco-friendly living, we thought that Stella McCarthy’s Vegan and PVC-free boots should make the Top 5.
5. My A-didas! – Fashion always reinvents itself in one way or another and these 80s-style Adidas are even better now that they’re made with hemp.
Do you have others that we should know about to add to our list? Let us know! [by Kara DiCamillo]