Climate Progress notes: "Let this Thanksgiving be a time for reflection, as there are several events within the past year worth reminiscing. These five occurrences have increased awareness on climate change and moved the U.S. closer to achieving targeted greenhouse gas reductions."
1. Al Gore and the IPCC won the Nobel Prize.
2. The 1st CAFE standard in 22 years was passed in the Senate. (This is perhaps premature)
3. All the democratic presidential frontrunners have proposed a comprehensive energy plan, asking for large carbon dioxide emission reductions. (but some still love coal)
4. The 4th IPCC Synthesis report was a blunt and urgent call for action. (Though Its not pretty)
5. Public Opinion is shifting. (3/4 of Americans would make lifestyle changes or pay energy and carbon taxes? Gotta be a rogue poll) ::Climate Progress