If you are like me and cannot imagine how you will last an hour without using electricity (can I borrow a OLPC hand-cranked computer anyone?) the Globe and Mail provides sixty suggestions for passing the time, including:
2. Go for a walk and see what the neighbours have switched off.
3. Or turn on all the lights in every room and see how long it takes before someone knocks on your door.
5. One word: Fondue! You get a great meal, no electricity required.
15. Go totally 18th-century and play charades by candlelight.
16. Look for stars in the darker night sky, or moon dance.
23. Prove to yourself that, yes, you can go 60 minutes without updating your Facebook status.
47. Sit in a drumming circle around a candlelit shrine to David Suzuki.
57. Get busy and procreate the next generation of resource-sucking bipeds.
58. Start a pool on whether there will be a baby spike in nine months. ::Globe and Mail