Every year, the Sustainable Forestry Initiative community comes together to exchange ideas, share
innovations, and inspire those who have a vision of a world that values and benefits from sustainably
Join us to learn how forests are relevant for responsible purchasing, advancing conservation, community engagement, and environmental education. From climate change to the circular economy, the conference will give you fresh insight into the critical issues facing forests.
The diverse range of attendees includes conservation and community partners, Indigenous leaders,
environmental educators, and engaged forest product customers across the U.S. and Canada. Come find
out how, by working together, we can create opportunities that benefit forests and the people that
depend on them.
craft beer and foodie scene, while taking in locally-owned shops in historic neighborhoods where
history comes alive.
Here are just 10 of the reasons why you should join us:
- Hear from a great range of confirmed speakers, with many more to come.
- Get training from SFI’s award-winning environmental education program Project Learning Tree.
PLT offers fun, easy-to-do activities for youth to help them learn about trees, forests, and the
environment and you’ll get to try out some hands-on lessons to take back home to your family,
friends, and colleagues.
- Apply for a scholarship that covers your registration fee, travel and lodging (open to all college or university students majoring in environmental science or related fields)
- Engage on critical global issues including how forest products can help address ocean plastics
and fit into a circular economy and why forests and green buildings are critical in addressing
- Smile for the camera and you might get a cameo in our Annual Conference Video.
- Be there for the kick-off our standard revision process with a special session that includes
guidance on the new timeline and opportunity for input. SFI revises and updates the SFI
standards every five years to incorporate the latest scientific information and to respond to
- Take advantage of networking, networking, networking! The agenda is full of great sessions, but also lots of time to meet old and new friends and see how we can work together on forest-
- From session breaks to evening events, there’s so much time to get social.
We’ll make sure your body gets a workout — not just your mind! Our annual 5K Fun Run and
morning yoga sessions will keep you fit and focused.
- Bring a friend or colleague and double up on the learning opportunities and registration discounts.
- Stay for an extra day and attend the SFI Conservation Impact Sounding Board. This group brings together partners engaged in SFI’s Conservation Impact work on water, climate change, and biodiversity.
But, don’t just take our word for it. Lots of people think it’s great! Here is what people said last year.
Learn more about why the SFI Forests of Opportunity conference is a great way to support sustainably