Photo via Kiev News Blog
Tough crowd. Say what you will about the so-called Teabagger crowd, but they sure know how to lay into a guy with insults right out of the 1950s. After Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) pledged to work together with Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) to pass comprehensive climate legislation, the reaction from fellow Republicans was, well, let's say--varied. While the move served to bring more GOP senators to the negotiating table, some of the more the more, er, opinionated Republicans lashed out, calling Graham an "asshat," a "wussypants," "half-a-sissy,"--and worse. Video of some of the insults after the jump.The insults poured in from around the right-wing blogosphere, after Graham and Kerry's op-ed ran in the New York Times over the weekend. It's pretty alarming how fast some of these conservative writers are willing to turn on their leadership--and simply for thinking independently about accomplishing goals they all truly want.
Graham is no liberal-in-disguise here; he's working with Kerry to help get more nuclear power, offshore drilling, and protection for big business into the climate bill--not exactly a bleeding heart hippie's MO. And yet, watch the reaction he gets when he tries to explain this to a crowd of Republicans at a town hall meeting.
And here's a sampling of some of the insult hurling that's going on around the blogosphere, via Wonk Room:
- Pamela Gellar: Lindsey Graham is an asshat.
- Mike Proto: Quite honestly, it is growing tiresome having to report on another fake Republican who is selling us out. In this case, it is the RINO senior senator from South Carolina, Lindsey Graham. . . . Now, the faux Republican is teaming up with none other than John 'F'n' Kerry on C(r)ap & Trade.
- Michelle Malkin: God save us from bipartisanship.
- Gateway Pundit: Senator Graham is a disgrace.
- Ross Kaminsky: Lindsey Graham is little more than Barack Obama's useful idiot.
- Dan Riehl: Why does SC continue to re-elect this doofus with a bad haircut?
And, my personal favorite:
- Angry White Dude: Graham is, in a word, a douchebag being used for his vote. . . . Just like his daddy Supreme Rat McCain, Graham is a Democrat. South Carolinians, you're better than that...those of you who aren't liberals. Do something about it the next that wussypants, girly-man, half-a-sissy comes asking for your vote! He is no friend of America!
Wow. Just, wow.
More on the Senate Climate Bill
The 5-Minute Guide to the Senate Climate Bill
Know the 7 Key Senators in the Climate Bill Battle