5 Ways the U.S. Military is Going Green
Photos: Various, see links below.
A Memorial Day Special
It's Memorial Day weekend in the US, a holiday that commemorates the men and women who died while in the military. We thought that for the occasion we could have a look at recent ways in which various branches of the US military have been reducing their environmental footprint. There's still a lot of work to do on that front, but some progress has been made.
- Green Hornet: F/A-18 Super Hornet Fighter Plane Flies on 50/50 Biofuel Blend
- U.S. Navy Wants to Cut its Petroleum Use, Create "Green Strike" Groups
- 33 US Military Generals, Admirals: "Climate Change is Threatening America's Security"
- US Army to Turn Gulf Spill Oil Into Asphalt With Experimental Chemical (Video)
- US Army Goes Solar: 500 MW Solar Thermal Power Plant to be Built at Fort Irwin
If you are in the US, enjoy the long weekend, and try to keep it as green as possible!