Just how does New Jersey stack up against other states when it comes to global-warming carbon emissions? The U.S. Energy Information Administration has the Garden State's number.
- New Jersey ranks 16th when it comes to total amount of carbon dioxide emissions.
- Per capita, New Jersey ranks 40th.
- New Jersey ranks 47th in emissions per capita from electric power generation.
- New Jersey's carbon dioxide emissions have increased 8.57 percent from 1990 to 2003.
- About half of New Jersey's total carbon dioxide emissions come from transportation.