10 beautiful underwater views from Google Street View
In honor of World Oceans Day, Google released 40 new coastal and underwater Street View tours from pristine areas around the world, including places like the Great Barrier Reef, Cook Islands, American Samoa, Bali and more. Not only do these images take us to places we may never get the chance to see in person, but they also highlight the marine ecosystems that exist there, shining a light on all that we need to protect and all that we have to lose if we don't take care of our oceans.
Below are 10 of the great underwater sights captured by Google's Street View technology. You can head here to see even more underwater views or here to check out some lovely remote island environments.
1. Humpback whales in the Cook Islands
2. Sea turtles in Pedras Secas
3. Blue waters of Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
4. Jacques Cousteau Park in Guadalupe
5. Manta rays in the Komodo Islands
6. Wilson Island, Great Barrier Reef
7. Sea lions in the Galapagos Islands
8. The abyss in Molokini Crater, Hawaii
9. Brightly colored fish in the Maldives
10. Nurse sharks in Magic Point off Sydney, Australia