Photo: Lito Green Motion
Go Through Your Mid-Life Crisis Without Waking Up the NeighborsThe Sora is a new electric motorcycle by Lito Green Motion, a Canadian company. It looks fairly badass and thanks to its 12 kWh advanced lithium-polymer batteries, it has an electric range of 300 kilometers (185 miles) and a top speed of 200 kph (124 mph). Read on for more specs and photos.
Photo: Lito Green MotionSome of the salient design features are:
- An energy storing, integrated charge management system. Ride for up to 300 km on a single charge thanks to the top-of-the-line, high-density battery -- built to last for the life of the bike
- A powerful electric motor and CVT transmission. Experience the power of going 0-200 km/h with zero clutch and phenomenal torque that makes you feel like you're flying on the road
- An advanced communication and power management unit, developed by LITO and designed to convert every watt of power efficiently to minimize energy loss
- A patented Safe Range System™. With this revolutionary application you will never experience range anxiety. Just set your destination the Sora will manage the amount of energy to get you there
- State-of-the-art integrated GPS system and touch screen. Stay connected to your bike in a new way never before possible
- The world's first ever electric motorbike seat. Change your ride handling on the fly
- High-quality front fork and rear suspension and top-of-the-line braking, designed to let you stop faster than on almost any other superbike
- An on-board charging port and sealed lockable storage compartment. Keep you gear dry and secure
- Patented email notification when your the SORA charge is complete
- A regenerative braking system. Energy lost during braking is used to recharge the battery, so you can travel further in a single charge. The system also minimizes impact on the brake pad, which means less maintenance
- Lightweight carbon fiber fairing and aluminum chassis. Aircraft grade materials, stronger, lighter, faster.
Photo: Lito Green Motion
If interested, you can reserve a test drive. Price is C$42,399 (ouch), but you might get tax incentives and rebates because this is an electric vehicle. It's not entirely clear on the site, but apparently deliveries should begin in October 2011.
More Electric Motorcycles
Mission Motors Unveils the Sexy Mission R Electric Motorcycle
The Range of the 2011 Brammo Enertia Electric Motorcycle Has Been DOUBLED!
7 Electric Motorcycles You Must See (including 1 that does 0-60 MPH in 0.97 seconds)
DIY Electric Kawasaki Motorcycle
Voltzilla: DIY Electric Motorcycle Made from Forklift Parts