Portable bike-sharing membershipMembers of the B-Cycle bike-sharing program with an annual membership will now be able to rent bikes in 15 U.S. cities thanks to the 'B-connected' initiative. This is an expansion of a pilot program that started last Spring between Denver and Boulder in Colorado. Apparently it was successful because the participating cities now are:
- Denver, CO
- Boulder, CO
- Madison, WI
- San Antonio, TX
- Houston, TX
- Spartanburg, SC
- Charlotte, NC
- Des Moines, IA
- Kansas City, MO
- Omaha, NE
- Nashville, TN
- Kailua, HI
- Broward County, FL.
- Fort Worth, TX (launching Spring)
- Salt Lake City, UT (launching Spring)
The process for annual members to connect to visiting cities is simple:
- Bring your B-card and credit card that is linked to your annual membership to another city that is part of the B-connected group.
- On your first visit to a station in that city, visit the kiosk and select “No” on the screen which asks if you would like to purchase 24-hour Access. Swipe your credit card associated with your account. Accept the user agreement for that city’s system.
- Voila! – You are ready to ride a B-cycle in that city!
- All subsequent checkouts in that city can be done using your B-card at the dock, just as you do in your home city.
- This process will need to be done the first time you visit a new B-connected city.
Here's a video that shows B-Cycle in action: