15. Order one of these cute Fair Trade Valentine's Kits and show your love for goods that are fairly traded and sustainably produced.
14. Touch Wood Rings are equally as elegant and certainly more eco-friendly than their metallic counterparts. The
20. Treat your fashion forward darling to Deborah Lindquist's sweet couture with a Valentine's Recycled Cashmere Sweater at Hip and Zen.
19. Please your sweetie with a beautiful fair-trade silver gemstone locket from Fair Trade Exchange.
25. Is there anything more romantic than you and your lover lazing the days away in a tiny bungalow nestled in a tropical eco-park? Visit The Green Travel Network to plan an eco-tour trip for two.
24. Surprise your lover with a sparkling clean
TreeHugging can be a lonely enterprise, which is why good eco-writing has always been important to the environmental movement - passionate, intimate writing provides inspiration that can't be found in a call to action or a news report. These are just
30. Thinking about popping the question? or just want to spoil your Valentine? GreenKarat's sustainable jewelry designs are sure to make your sweetheart's pals "green" with envy.
29. Always a classic - make a mixed CD of songs that you both love, or
Earlier this week Women's Wear Daily shared with readers that the May issue of Elle magazine will be devoted to environmentally friendly health, beauty and fashion. Laurie David of "Earth to America!" and Stop Global Warming will come on board as guest
35. Protect an acre of the Amazon in your Valentine's name at RainTrust's new heart-shaped nature reserve. The "Heart of Amazonas" reserve isn't on their web site yet, but they are inviting inquiries.
34. Give your sweetie a rub-down with the
40. If you've been lookin' for love in all the wrong places, give Green-Passions online dating service a go. The 100% free online community for environmental singles is a great way to filter out Hummer freaks and gold diggers from your search
45. Indulge your sweetheart with Cocoa Vino's organic bonbons. The handcrafted sweets couple two of life’s most sensual pleasures - chocolate and wine.
44. Take your Valentine to the ice or roller rink and *finally* have a couple's skate with
Recognizing that along with being lazy environmentalists, TreeHuggers might also be lazy romantics, we've put our heads together and come up with a few ideas to help you get your love on come February 14. Over the next ten days TreeHugger is going to
Anita Boen (pictured above) is the manager and resident herbal expert at Rancho Tres Estrellas, a small organic farm that provides herbs, fruits and vegetables for the world-renown destination spa, Rancho La Puerta. The spa has a fascinating history,
After I finished clicking through the beautifully designed web site for the Natural Body Spa & Shoppe, I nearly packed my bags and headed for Georgia (or TN, or NC, or MD, or VA or FL…). It is the place that I imagine when I'm daydreaming of the
Hats off to Rick Bayless, the celebrity chef who has expanded his role as a sustainable foods advocate to that of a sustainable business advocate. Bayless, owner of Frontera Grill in Chicago recently hosted a workshop for area restaurateurs interested
To date, public concern about global warming has been well, lukewarm. Apparently rising sea levels, threatened species, and the disappearance of winter are not especially compelling reasons to jump on the climate change bandwagon. But the potential
Sadly, our tolerance for dangerous water is becoming naturalized, to the point where statements such as "I wouldn't eat fish out of that river!" don't necessarily fill us with ire; they are simply normal warnings like "don't take Highway 5 at rush hour,