Recycle and Be Rewarded at Kiehl's
Photo credit: Kiehl's
Hang on to your empties, Kiehl's lovers—the hallowed New York apothecary is rewarding its faithful with a recycling scheme that doles out products in exchange for depleted Kiehl's bottles, tubes, and jars.
Available at any Kiehl's free-standing store, the good-for-the-environment, good-for-you outreach program will dispense complimentary samples that get progressively more generous the more packaging you turn in. (Check your labels before going hog-wild on a buying spree, however; some products still contain parabens, PEG, and other dubious ingredients.) Photo credit: Kiehl's
Here's how it works:
More on Kiehl'sKiehl's Superbly Restorative Argan Body Lotion Gets Limited-Edition Makeover, Supports Waterkeeper AllianceMore on recycling cosmetics and skincare packagingOrigins Launches Recycling Program For Earth Month
1. Patrons will receive a Recycle and Be Rewarded! card in any Kiehl’s free-standing store, and will be encouraged to be eco-conscious and return empty Kiehl’s bottles and tubes to any Kiehl’s free-standing store.
2. The Recycle and Be Rewarded! card will be stamped in-store, each time a Kiehl’s empty is returned for recycling.
3. Upon returning his or her 3rd empty and receiving his or her 3rd stamp, each Kiehl’s patron will receive a complimentary tube of Lip Balm #1.
4. Upon returning his or her 5th empty and receiving his or her 5th stamp, each Kiehl’s patron may choose an item from the Official Kiehl’s Travel Collection.
5. Upon returning his or her 10th empty and receiving his or her 10th stamp, each Kiehl’s patron may choose any single product with a value of $25 or less, excluding Flagship Exclusive Items or charitable products.
6. After the Recycle and Be Rewarded! card has been filled, each patron will receive a fresh card for ongoing recycling.