Are You America's Next Green Model?
Photo credit: Project Green Search
The hunt is on for America's next Summer Rayne Oakes at Project Green Search, a competition that will pit aspiring models vegan stiletto against vegan stiletto for the honor of eco-model par excellence.
Organized by online eco-fashion retailer Greenloop, Project Green Search is looking for a fresh poster girl for the environmental movement, one who will not only look runway-ready but is also an advocate for all that is green and good. Among the prizes the winner will stand to receive are:
- If not yet represented, a contract with Option Model Management, an international model-management agency for print, runway, and television.
- A professional photography session complete with make-up, wardrobe, and portfolio images.
- A 20-piece eco-fashion wardrobe.
- A natural and organic beauty shopping spree.
- Features, articles, and covers, in publications such as Coco Eco and Organic Spa to build a portfolio.
- Guidance and introductions by LOHAS to sustainable beauty, fashion, and other companies.
- A one-year stint as the face of Project Green Search.
The contest will be judged by eco-luminaries like Planet Green's Darren Moore, Eco-Chick's Starre Vartan, designer Deborah Lindquist, model and cosmetics queen Josie Maran, and, of course, Oakes herself.
No previous modeling experience is necessary, but you do have to be at least 17. The final round will be held at Portland Fashion Week from October 9 to 11, 2009.
More eco-friendly fashion
My Only One Remakes Vintage Clothing into Retro Street Wear
Fashion That Goes Vroom: Smart Car, Colette Commission Eco-Friendly Wearables
Sneak Peek: Leanne Marshall for Bluefly.com
Anti-Fashion Designer Philippe Starck Creates Sustainable Fashion Collection
What Would the Perfect Dress Look Like If 1,000 Women Created It Together?
New Vintage: Yves Saint Laurent Recycles Old Looks into New
Maggie's Functional Organics Baby Rib Tee Dress
Moxie Industries Launches, Combines Eco-Conscious Fashion, Music, and Art