10 Green Designers to Show Spring 2011 Collections at New York Eco Fashion Week
Susan Cianciolo Fall 2010 Collection at New York Fashion Week. Credit: Emma Grady
The countdown begins! New York Fashion Week's The GreenShows have released the lineup of ethical fashion designers showing their spring/summer 2011 collections on September 12-14. Last season, we brought you photos and video from the front row of the runway shows and this year we'll be at it again. Click through for ten fashion designers showing their environmentally- and socially-responsible garments during Eco Fashion Week at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City. Drum roll please...The ten designers you can expect to see at Eco Fashion Week are:
1. Dress Reform
2. JoAnn BermanCredit: Emma Grady Gallery: New York Fashion Week: JoAnn Berman A/W 2010
3. Ashton Michael Black Label
4. Samantha PleetImage via TreeHugger Video: New York Fashion Week: Samantha Pleet A/W 2010
5. Milliners Guild
6. Susan CiancioloCredit: Emma Grady Photos: New York Fashion Week Beauty: Vibrant Colors at Susan Cianciolo A/W 2010, New York Fashion Week: Susan Cianciolo Fall 2010 - "Underneath the Sea, Inside a Mountain"
7. Lavuk by Natasha Gindin
8. Bright Young Things by Eliza StarbuckCredit: Emma Grady Photos: Fresh New Fashion Label Launches with One Little Black Dress
10. Luis Valenzuela
The Metropolitan Pavilion, with it's high ceilings and open space, is a great venue for showcasing the ethical threads of these designers. Plus, it's a hop, skip, and a jump from M.A.C. and Milk Fashion Week at Milk Studios and Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center, where editors, writers, and VIPs will be shuffling to-and-fro throughout the hectic week.
Visit The GreenShows for more on the designers.