For the best results, use as many organic ingredients as possible for the deepest flavors. For the dill seed and lovage gluten free bread recipe, please visit blackbird-bakery.com
2 ripe avocados
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup micro grated white onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon freshly ground red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
½ teaspoon kosher salt
pinch cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
1 can cannellini beans
sliced red onion for garnish
4 slices jack cheese
1. In a large glass bowl, mash the avocado with the lemon juice. Stir in the micro grated white onion, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper and cayenne. Adjust seasoning as needed.
2. Stir in the cilantro and white beans.
3. Slice the lovage loaf into 8 thick slices.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice the bread and toast in the oven directly on the rack until the edges just begin to brown. Remove from the oven and place half of the slices on a cookie sheet. Top each piece with a slice of jack cheese. Toast just until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes tops.
5. Remove from the oven, top with the white bean salad, some sliced red onion, and a sprig of cilantro. Top with the other piece of toast and serve immediately.
Makes 4 generous sandwiches. Reserve the filling for tomorrow, if it lasts that long. It also makes a fantastic dip for parties if you want to serve it with either pita bread or homemade tortilla chips.
Read more: Fajitas with the Best Damn Guacamole Ever