Bikes and Beer for Bears: Wend Magazine Party Benefits Defenders of Wildlife


Adults Racing on Kids Bikes, Free Beer, Money For Wildlife. Must Be Another Wend Magazine Party.

Indeed it is. Last time it was a table tennis competition, but this time Wend are celebrating the launch of Volume 4, Issue 2 Summer 2009 edition of their great eco-adventure magazine with a bicycle derby. Adults will be hooning about on children's bikes in a cyclocross race. Each entrant's $10 race fee will be donated to Defenders of Wildlife, (who also get to speak their piece in the magazine itself.)

But the fun doesn't end there. Not by a long shot. But the fun doesn't end there. Not by a long shot. Racer who dress up in the fave wild animal costume will get bonus seconds deducted from their race time. Oh and they'll have helmet cams mounted so the audience can become further enmeshed in on the action.

Plus there will be free beer from Deschutes Brewery, as well as raffles for gear from Sierra Designs, Optimus, Osprey and Patagonia.

All this craziness will take place at the Lizard Lounge warehouse space in Portland Oregon from 7pm on Saturday 12 September 09.

Don't forget the reason for the celebration. Wend Magazine's latest issue has arrived. 100 pages of human powered adventures and associated green activities, printed on locally sourced 30% recycled paper with the remainder 70% FSC certified sustainably harvested wood. Or you can take out a digital subscription to leave even those trees standing.

More details on the Wend Blog
More Wend magazine:
Wend Magazine: Paperless People-Powered Adventure
Save $1,400 a Year By Drinking Tap Water
Alastair Heseltine's Sculptures Capture the Nature in Materials
Will Wave Farms Attract Sharks? Wend Magazine Investigates
Wend Magazine Goes Into Bat for Bicycle Relief Fund
Wend Trades Bike Shoes and Bag for Your Bike Photos

Tags: Activism | Biking | Books | Charities | United States

WHAT'S HOT ON FACEBOOK