Kiwi and Serrano Sorbet
After making a wonderful kiwifruit salsa last week, everyone's been asking me for more kiwi recipes. I understand why, the crisp, tart flavors found in kiwi pair so well with a chile pepper's spiciness. So, how about a spicy dessert? Try this kiwi and serrano sorbet, you won't regret it. Enjoy it with some Prosecco.
- 8 ripe but firm kiwis
- 1 serrano chile, sliced
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Peel the eight kiwis and trim the ends.
2. Finely dice one kiwifruit. Now, this is why you want the fruit to be firm but ripe. Firm kiwifruit will dice like a cucumber. But dicing overly ripen kiwis is like trying to dice pudding--not fun!
3. Place the remaining kiwis in the food processor and puree until smooth.
4. Stir in the sliced serrano chile, a super duper small pinch of salt, and let the mixture set for about 15 minutes.
5. Pour the mixture into a glass dish and place it in the freezer.
6. Every 30 minutes, run a fork through the mixture while leaving it in the freezer. This prevents the mixture from settling into one large block of ice.
7. Once all of the kiwifruit has frozen to a slushy like consistency, let it set for another 30 minutes and then serve.
Visit the Green Wine Guide for more vegetarian recipes and wine pairings.
Fan us on Facebook for daily recipes.