Grilled Pear Bruschetta
Drool-worthy photos taken by Jaymi Heimbuch
The wine, which fermented in chilled stainless steel tanks, is crisp and refreshing. It has a lot of zest with a finish that is both long and a tad creamy. You're going to want this wine on hand for those hot summer nights.
For this wine, I wanted a recipe that was equally fresh and creamy. Oh, and I wanted to bust out the grill again--of course. The grilled pears and the baguette keep the bruschetta from getting overly sweet which is required since we are finishing the recipe with raw honey.
- 2 pears, thickly sliced
- 4 1/2 inch slices of french bread
- 4 ounces of soft goat cheese
- Raw honey
1. Add the sliced pears and french bread to the grill. Grill for 5 to 10 minutes, until both sides are a bit charred.
2. Top the bread slices with the grilled pears.
3. Spread each piece with a healthy amount of the soft goat cheese.
4. Finish with a drizzle of honey over each piece.
5. Rinse and repeat. These will get eaten fast.
Visit TreeHugger's Green Wine Guide for more green wineries, recipes and virtual tours.