Almond-Crusted Baked Peaches with Cardamom Yogurt
When I am craving a slice of pie but do not feel like fussing with pie crust, I just bake the fruit instead. It's simple, quick and a whole lot healthier. I chose to finish these peaches with a cardamom yogurt sauce to accent the baked fruit's more savory notes. Enjoy this dessert with a Riesling or a white port. 3 ripe peaches (organic please)
1/3 cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon ground cardamom
© Jaymi Heimbuch
1. Half and pit all three peaches. This task is very, very telling about your fruit. If your peaches are ripe, it's rather easy. If they're not, removing the stones will be...the pits.
2. Add the chopped almonds to a shallow bowl or pan.
3. To crust the peaches, place each one cut-side down and give it a little spin.
4. Place the peaches in a small baking dish, crusted side up.
5. This is the most challenging part to this recipe. It's best not to do this hungry. Bake the peaches at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. During this time your kitchen and whole house will begin to smell like warm peach pie.
6. While the peaches bake, let's make the cardamom yogurt. In a small mixing bowl add the Greek yogurt, the cardamom and healthy drop of honey.
7. Mix well. Add more honey as needed. Ideally the yogurt mixture should be the right consistency to drizzle over the peach.
8. When the peaches are finally done (the longest 30 minutes of your life!), let them cool for 5 minutes then plate them with a healthy dollop of the yogurt mixture.
9. Optionally, you could dust them with any of the following: nutmeg, clove or cinnamon.
Visit the Green Wine Guide for more vegetarian recipes and wine pairings.
Fan us on Facebook for daily recipes.
Similar Recipes from our Green Wine Guide
Baked Apple Stuffed with Candied Ginger and Almonds
Cocoa and Black Bean Brownies with Raspberry Sauce
Chèvre-Stuffed Dates with Pomegranate
Top Recipes from our Green Wine Guide
Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Sandwiches
Indian-Spiced Tomato Soup
Grilled Avocado Guacamole