TreeHugger Picks: Prototypical Energy Types for the Future
Following up with our peek at the future with some stunning car prototypes, we gaze into the crystal ball of energy production methods and ideas that have the potential to make the future a much greener place.
1) Wave power has garnered lots of attention as the next big thing in renewable energy.
2) Hydrogen has been the darling eco-energy of the future for awhile, but has yet to
3) Wind power, and specifically offshore wind power, has the potential to power the entire US.
4) Biofuels, like those derived from switch grass, can help wean the world off its overindulgence in oil.
5) Solar power just keeps getting more efficient, and it works great where the sun shines and as a good alternative for where the wind doesn't blow.