TreeHugger Picks: Furniture Designs Worth Another Look
Part of TreeHugger's mission is to find and promote ideas, products and designers that are doing great work but still flying below the radar. We've published a couple of focused projects, like our Best of TH: Designers (parts one, two, three & four) and Sneak Peek series leading up to HauteGREEN last year, that covered a lot of ground; still, there are lots of sustainable designs and designers who deserve a thumbs up. Here are some picks for furniture designs that deserve another look.
1) We like David Brunicardi's suave, hand-made pieces enough to feature him not once but twice.
2) The same goes for Modernlink, whose Hudson credenza and Ryder entry table have grabbed our attention.
3) Brent Comber's modern, elegant furniture ranges from the simple Denta stool to the playful, dynamic Alder bench series.
4) PIE (that's Project Import Export) builds hand-crafted furniture and accessories that are designed to imitate nature; the curvaceous h Chair exemplifies how their design brings warmth and sensuality to modern furniture.
5) Moxbox's Boopop coffee table shows how their designs are all about merging: geometry with art, balanced shapes and eye-catching splashes of color, bamboo with bamboo.