TreeHugger Picks: Cut Down on Carbon This Weekend
It's Friday afternoon; time for us TreeHuggers to start thinking about how to make the world a greener place away from these pages. Lately, we've been talking a lot about climate change, carbon offsets and the like; one of the things we can all do is buy carbon offsets. Though our readers seem split on the idea, there are a lot of ways to support programs this weekend that are doing what they can to cool the atmosphere.
1) March with us as we help Laurie David stop global warming.
2) Buy some credits for your activities; there are lots of places and ways to do it.
3) You can even offset your diapers and get the next generation of TreeHuggers started early.
4) Go see An Inconvenient Truth. If you've seen it, go see it again, and for gosh sake's, walk or ride your bike or catch the bus home.
5) We aren't crazy about driving, but if you're gonna do it, might as well do it carbon-free. Both Honda and Ford have programs to help make the emissions coming from the tailpipe less harmful to our fragile atmosphere.