TreeHugger Picks: Airplane Flight Isn't All Bad...
Airplane flight has become a very contentious issue as global warming has made more and more headlines; flying creates tremendous amounts of carbon emissions, but it isn't always easy to get from Point A to B without it. Here are our picks for some positive developments in airline flight.
1) TerraPass and Expedia are offering carbon offsets for your flight.
2) Boeing's fuel cell-powered, zero-emission plane is set to take flight within a year.
3) The world's first AA battery-powered plane recently took off for the first time.
4) Sir Richard Branson is working on an alternative super-fuel that he hopes will be viable for planes within five years.
5) Terminal A at Boston's Logan Airport is the first airport to be LEED certified.