The Buckminster Fuller Challenge
Got an idea that can save the world? Enter the Buckminster Fuller Challenge and win a hundred thousand bucks. Come up with a "design science solution" (effective application of the principles of science to the conscious design of our total environment in order to help make the Earth's finite resources meet the needs of all humanity without disrupting the ecological processes of the planet.") between September 4 and October 30.Solutions should be:
* Comprehensive — a clear demonstration of holistic systems thinking.
* Anticipatory — projectively tracking critical trends and needs; identifying and assessing long term consequences of proposed solutions.
* Ecologically responsible — reflective and supportive of nature's underlying processes, patterns and principles.
* Verifiable — able to withstand rigorous empirical testing.
* Replicable — capable of being readily undertaken by others.
* Achievable — likely to be implemented successfully and broadly adopted.